Sunday, June 04, 2006

Maine

My parents, siblings, and I visited Maine over Memorial weekend to bury my grandmother's ashes and to visit family. We got to Portland late Saturday night and drove to Skowhegan. The next morning we went to the service in Madison, where my grandfather was from. We stayed with my aunt and visited with family.

Monday we drove to Franklin to visit with my grandmother's side of the family and see some of the area she was from. It was a nice visit, but hotter than we expected in Maine. The bugs were crazy. On the way to Franklin, we drove through Skowhegan to get some pictures of the river and Empire Grill (from the book Empire Falls).

Tuesday we went to Mount Desert Island in part to visit Bar Harbor, which my grandmother often mentioned. We also drove up Cadillac Mountain and saw some of Acadia National Park.

It was a nice visit and we'd like to go back when we have more time to spend. Click here to view pictures of Maine.

No comments: